[bksvol-discuss] Yet Another Page Break Question

  • From: "Lisa Belville" <hunter123@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:47:12 -0400

Hi, all.  I realize this subject has just about been put through the ringer,
but I'm not sure how to handle this...

I have The Shining by Stephen King downloaded for validation.  The original zip
file was in RTF, and I use MS Word as my editor.  The file has page breaks in
it, but I don't think these would be considered valid because Word only
indicates I've gone from one page to another, but doesn't say "Page Break",
which is what it usually does with RTF files.  Also, if I try inserting a
manual page break, Word still doesn't call it a page break; it just moves to
the next page and tells me it's on a new page.  I've tried saving it as a MS
Word document, but I still have this thing with the page breaks going on.

Also, I have to put in page breaks manually, because the submitter has two
pages of text on what Word considers to be one page, Pages four with a header
and text merges into page five with header and text for example.  I don't mind
inserting the page breaks myself, but I need to know if there's a difference
between MS Word displaying a new page and a page break inserted with the
Control+Enter command.

I do apoligize for rehashing this again, and thanks to everyone for their
suggestions.

Lisa