[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wrong ISBNs on Bookshare?

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 13:59:20 -0500

John, I couldn't swear to this, but here is what I think might be going on. I believe that these are books donated by the publisher. When I did a google search for the ISBN, it was giving me the ebook edition. I'm guessing that there is a different ISBN for the ebook, as opposed to the print edition. I believe that the publishers donate their ebooks, and Bookshare converts them to braille or daisy, so the publisher enters the ISBN for the ebook edition. I couldn't swear to it, though.

Melissa Smith

On 5/14/2010 1:00 PM, John Immarino wrote:
 I've noticed lately that many books submitted by the Bookshare Staff
 have ISBNs that come up as not found when looked up on ISBNdb.com.
 Books submitted by others seem to be OK.   Here are two examples.
 There are many more.

 A Cruel Season  for Dying by Harker Moore 9780446565486

 30 Low-Fat Meals in 30 Minutes by Faye Levy 9780446567237

 Does anyone know what's going on here? To unsubscribe from this list
 send a blank Email to bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx put the
 word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of
 available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject
 line.