[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wrong Book

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 12:17:01 -0700

Hi, Roger, your message made me laugh because I can identify with your
experience. Learning would be a whole lot more fun if one had someone to
speak with about the particular situation one is in. Then, of course, you
have to wonder if the person understands you or if you can understand
him/her. I personally could do without the yelling, screaming, crying, and
the general desire to throw or hit something. Then there is the assumption
that something should be obvious when in fact the thing isn't obvious to me.
I think there is the assumption we learn things by osmosis. How one
perceives and understands concepts differs from one person to another. What
may work for you may not work with me and vice versa. God knows everyone has
the capacity to think or reason (some more or less than others),but how one
learns or if one learns will differ from one person to another. Some people
can grasp things by drawing pictures in their minds; some can hear things
and click on some concept which will crystallize the bit of knowledge for
them and they have it. Do you like to separate items into various categories
or bring everything together into a whole, i.e., do you use deductive or
inductive reasoning? How do you analyze stuff?  Enough of this. I hope for
both our sakes we can get help we need when we need it rather than wandering
around endlessly without a means of finding where we need to go. Good luck
and best regards, Kim. PS.: I apologize for any incoherence on my part. It's
bound to happen when one is trying to figure out how one knows what one
knows. I'd better quit while I'm ahead. K..

  _____