[bksvol-discuss] Re: Writing Special Characters

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:12:26 -0400

Hi Alison,

Try this um, list.

http://www.theworldofstuff.com/characters/

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Alumni Association Board
www.guidedogs.com

- Helen Keller

----- Original Message -----
From: "Allison Hilliker" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 6:16 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Writing Special Characters

Hi everyone,

I have a question about writing special characters.  Someone, I think it was
Evan, said he
had a list of special character ASCII values.  I'd like to find a similar
list.  I tried a couple of Google searches however and wasn't coming up with
anything.  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but it's just not working out.

Most of the time I use the Insert #4 command in JAWS to bring up a list of
special characters, but I often find that it's faster when I just have the
alt commands memorized.  For example, I know an e acute is alt 130 and an em
dash is alt 0151.  Knowing more of these alt commands would be very helpful,
but I'm not sure where to find a list of them.  Does anyone have a
suggestion?  It may be somewhere obvious, but I'm not finding it.

Thanks in advance,

Allison