[bksvol-discuss] Writing Special Characters

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:16:17 -0700

Hi everyone,

I have a question about writing special characters. Someone, I think it was Evan, said he
had a list of special character ASCII values.  I'd like to find a similar
list.  I tried a couple of Google searches however and wasn't coming up with
anything.  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but it's just not working out.

Most of the time I use the Insert #4 command in JAWS to bring up a list of
special characters, but I often find that it's faster when I just have the
alt commands memorized.  For example, I know an e acute is alt 130 and an em
dash is alt 0151.  Knowing more of these alt commands would be very helpful,
but I'm not sure where to find a list of them.  Does anyone have a
suggestion?  It may be somewhere obvious, but I'm not finding it.

Thanks in advance,

Allison