[bksvol-discuss] WorldCat World Wide Library Holdings

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 21:48:57 -0500

Gerald and Cindy,
    Worldcat is the database I used to search. Unfortunately I got there
through my school's website and they require a proxy login to access the
service
(http://proxy.lib.ilstu.edu:2048/login?url=http://newfirstsearch.oclc.org/dbname=WorldCat;done=http://www.mlb.ilstu.edu;FSIP)
you can find more about WorldCat at:
http://www.oclc.org/worldcat/

    You can search the entire state of Illinois library holdings (and I believe
it searches some of WorldCat) at www.FindItIllinois.com
You can also search ILLCSO - the college libraries in Illinois from that link.

Cindy, I know your husband works at a university (LA right?) you might want to
see if he can access WorldCat through his library.

HTH,
Jake