[bksvol-discuss] Re: Word shortcuts

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 19:21:07 -0500

Hi Mayrie!!

Would you please send me the same shortcut list that you sent Sue? When I get a new system put together and start running the 32 bit version of Windows 7, if I find that Word 2003 runs too slowly there, I will also plan to upgrade to Office 2010.

I'm glad to read from other list menbers that the ribbon isn't as hard to deal with as I originally thought, but, since both sighted and blind computer users have complained about using the ribbon or have been apprehensive when thinking of facing that ribbon, it would be nice to have the shortcut keys at hand.

Thanks!

Debby

At 11:45 PM 4/7/2011, Sue Stevens wrote

Hi Mayrie,

I would love to have that huge list your sweetie dug up!!! Will you send it to me, please? I plan to learn all about the ribbon, but these shortcut keys work even if you don't understand the ribbon, whereas Debby's post is sources teaching you how to use the ribbon.

Thanks,

Sue S.

-----Original Message----- From: Mayrie ReNae
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 10:06 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Word shortcuts

Hi Everyone,

With so many people moving from older versions of Word to newer ones, I dug
around in my saved e-mails and found this post that Debby made a while back
about an online source for help with keyboard commands in Word.

I'll paste her post below my signature.  Perhaps it will help.

Also, my sweetie just unearthed a HUGE list of keyboard commands for Word
that I'll happily attach here if anyone would like it.  Just let me know.

Mayrie

Hi everyone!

The topic of Office 7 is raised from time to time.  I just happened to find
this part of the MS Office site that offers training on keyboard shortcuts
to better navigate the ribbon.  A lady speaks an introduction and then there
are links to follow that will allow you to read so you can be trained.
Since I have Word 2000, I did not listen to or read much, just enough to
know what it was about.

The various links are:

Keyboard shortcuts in the 2007 Office system Overview Introducing the Ribbon
What's on the Ribbon?
More new features in the Ribbon programs Types of keyboard shortcuts Test
yourself

Navigate the Ribbon with access keys
Key Tips and badges
More about Key Tips
Getting around with the arrow keys
The TAB key and the Ribbon
Cycling with F6
Navigating beyond the Ribbon
But I know all the old menu shortcuts.
Practice
Test yourself

Carry out commands by using key combinations Your friend: the CTRL key
Shortcuts that no longer work Practice Test yourself Feedback Quick
Reference Card

The page I'm on is at:

http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC101562731033

Debby