[bksvol-discuss] Re: Word shortcuts

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 19:55:08 -0500

Hi Mayrie!!

Sorry I didn't see this message before asking for the files you provided here. Thanks for them. I'll keep them handy.

I promise I won't shoot, (smile).  I don't even have a squirt gun, (wink).

Debby

At 09:02 AM 4/8/2011, Mayrie ReNae wrote
Hi Valerie, Susan, and Sue,

Jon found several documents describing keyboarding commands used in
Microsoft Word.  I have created a folder with several documents in it, and
will attach that folder as a zip file to this note.  They seem to contain
much of the same information, but sometimes presentation is the key, so I'll
let you all choose which documents suit each of you best.  In my opinion,
the two doc files are the most exhaustive.  One is specifically for Word
2000, and one for I think Word 2007.  In any case, all of the keyboard
commands work.

Don't be surprised when you see keystrokes that do things in a way that
we're not accustomed to using here.  For instance f12 to save.  It isn't
that control+s no longer works.  It's just that there are several ways to
achieve the same thing.

I know these documents contain a lot of information not pertinent to our
specific task of proofreading, but at least they're thorough.

I hope they help.  Please don't shoot the messenger if they annoy you.  I
wasn't thrilled with some of their information.  And some commands are
repeated within the Word 2000 document that contradict each other.  I didn't
write the document!

Happy proofreading!

Mayrie