[bksvol-discuss] Wonderful mysteries

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:35:29 -0700 (PDT)

Sarah's mention of mysteries where one would never
guess the culprit reminded me of the Charlie Chan
mysteries,a by Earl Derr Biggers. My parents had the
whole set, and I read every one -- I could *not* guess
the culprit, and even once the butler did it.

When I started to write this I couldn't remember the
author's name. When I looked in  my library's catalog,
I saw several videos but only one book and that was in
the rare books collection. Who could imagine that the
books are no considered "rare books." I wish I'd kept
them in a place where they didn't get moldy. (sigh)

Cindy

-- Sarah Van Oosterwijck <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://mail.yahoo.com