[bksvol-discuss] Wishlist requests

  • From: Shannon <shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 01:32:39 -0500

I hope I'm doing this correctly! Sadly, none of these are for classes--they're just books I either want to read myself or want more people to be able to read.

In no particular order:
"We Need to Talk About Kevin" by Lionel Shriver (thriller, deals with school shootings) "The Purity Myth: How America's Obsession with Virginity is Hurting Young Women" by Jessica Valenti (kind of self-explanatory, isn't it?) "Slob" by Ellen Potter (Young adult.) I think this comes out next week. I read an advanced review, and it looks like a really cute and funny children's/YA book.

"Girl Meets Boy" by Ali Smith (seems to be kind of a literary YA novel).

"house of Leaves" by Mark Z. Danieluski (this might be really hard to scan in and would probably require a sighted validator, but it seems like a cool and creepy horror story. I don't know how feasible it would actually be, but I'm putting it on here because I can always ask, right?)

* The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart (YA again) * "Dead Girls" and "Dead Boys" by Richard Calder (two science fiction novels I have wanted to read for literally years after reading a book review of the first book some time ago). * "Pale Moon Rider" by Marsha Canham (historical romance, may be hard to find, so clearly is not a priority unless you can find a copy somewhere.)

I'd really like to read some of Nick Hornby's nonfiction. I think we've got some of his novels, but I'm especially interested in The Polysyllabic Spree.

Lastly for now, Tender Morsels by Margo Lannigan. I bought this from Fictionwise, so it would be really easy for me to proofread. It's another young adult boo,k, and is sweet and dark, like dark chocolate, and I want more people to embrace its awesomeness.

I'd be happy to proofread any of these, and intend to take up proofing books in general once finals are over next week.

Shannon C.