[bksvol-discuss] Wishlist request

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 21:41:12 -0600

I've already sent this to the wishlist address at bookshare, but am posting here in case anyone on the list is interested in scanning. I will be more than happy to proofread this book. smile.

The Human Nature of Birds: A Scientific Discovery With Startling Implications by Theodore Xenophon Barber
Hardcover: 226 pages
Publisher: St Martins Pr; (June 1993)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 031209308X
ISBN-13: 978-0312093082

Synopsis from Publisher's Week: "Until recently, modern science has attributed animal behavior soley to instinct and genetic programming. Barber, director of the Research Institute for Interdisciplinary Sciences, challenges that view. Six years of total immersion in avian studies have led him to conclude that birds are capable of thoughtful judgment and are intelligently aware. He examines their flexibility and resilience, compares bird and human instincts and discusses avian navigation. Barbar says that birds are capable of close relationships with humans, citing as examples the cases of Arnie the starling, Lorenzo the bluejay, Alex, an African gray parrot. He believes it is likely that like birds, all animals are intelligently aware. This book is didactic in manner, provocative in content."

Thanks!

Judy s.