[bksvol-discuss] Wishlist Book Request

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:15:20 -0700

Hello, it is Chela again, I don't know if ya guys have this done
already, but I have a CD I bought called "Some Kind Of Genius" by Tony
Deblois a blind autistic pianist, I listened to the songs on the CD,
and didn't know there was a book about it. I was just wondering if
bookshare has this and if not, would someone be willing to scan it?
You can get it from Barns and Noble.
Here's all the info:
Some Kind of Genius: The Extraordinary Journey of Musical Savant Tony DeBlois
by Janice Deblois, Antonia Felix
Publisher: Rodale Press, Incorporated
Pub. Date: October 2005
ISBN-13: 9781594862731
Sales Rank: 515,620
256pp
Synopsis
For everyone whose heart was touched by the movie Rain Man, here is
the inspiring true story of an exceptional autistic savant whose
musical gifts thrill audiences the world over.

Ever since he was born-blind and weighing less than two pounds-Tony
DeBlois has been defying the odds and wildly surpassing others'
expectations. Diagnosed early on as autistic, at two years old his
talent for music was revealed when he played "Twinkle, Twinkle Little
Star" on a toy piano. Going on to graduate with honors from the
Berklee College of Music, today Tony leads an improvisational jazz
ensemble and performs solo shows from Dublin to Taipei and even
Washington, D.C.'s Kennedy Center.

Some Kind of Genius weaves details of Tony's amazing musical
accomplishments--he can play 20 instruments and his sixth CD, also
titled Some Kind of Genius, is set to be released at the time of this
book-with a fascinating look at savant syndrome, in which a person
with certain developmental limitations exhibits brilliance in some
other aspect of his life. Tony's fiercely devoted mother, Janice, also
tells of her own crusade-not only for the rights of her son but on
behalf of all those with special needs.

Tony's story will hold special appeal for all who have seen him on the
Today show and Entertainment Tonight; watched the Lifetime movie based
on his life, Journey of the Heart; heard him in concert; or read about
him in Dr. Darold Treffert's book Extraordinary People: Understanding
Savant Syndrome.

Biography
TONY DeBLOIS AND JANICE DeBLOIS live near Boston, in Randolph, Massachusetts.

ANTONIA FELIX is the bestselling author of 14 nonfiction titles,
including biographies of Laura Bush and Condoleeza Rice. She is also a
classical singer who has performed throughout the United States and
Europe. She lives near Kansas City, Missouri.

You can also get both the CD and Book from the following web site:
tonydeblois.com
--
Chela
E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx

Blog: http://www.1jtcdr.wordpress.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=690550695 (PLEASE
E-MAIL ME BEFORE I EITHER ADD OR REJECT YOUR FACEBOOK REQUESTS!)
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/chelarobles (AGAIN, PLEASE E-MAIL ME
BEFORE YOUR REQUEST IS IETHER REJECTED OR ACCEPTED!)
Skype: jazzytrumpet (E-Mail ME ABOUT ADDING YOU ONTO MY SKYPE CONTACTS
BEFORE I GIVE A CONFIRMATION Of YES OR NO!)
Mobile Phone: (925) 250-5955 (ONLY FOR THOSE WHO WORK WITH ME, OR WHO KNOW ME)