[bksvol-discuss] Wish list submission

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BookShare" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 13:01:11 -0400

Hi all,

I've just submitted another book from the wish list...

Made Love, Got war by Norman Solomon

It's all cleaned up and shouldn't take long to validate.
Here's the book description...

LIKE THE REST OF THE BABY-BOOM
generation, Norman Solomon grew up in a nation of
dazzling progress and ominous shadows. Behind the upbeat
TV shows and glib optimism there lurked private anguish
and the specter of nuclear holocaust. Young people
confronted a divisive war in Vietnam and distress in
their own lives. Now, several decades later, Americans
face similar divisions and a potentially endless "war on
terror."
Blending personal history and social commentary, Made
Love, Got War documents five decades of rising American
militarism and the media's all-too-frequent failure to
challenge it. The author's unique weave of eyewitness
narrative and historical inquiry, Daniel Ellsberg notes
in the foreword, "helps us understand where we are now
and how we got here."

Deborah