[bksvol-discuss] Wish list promise kept

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 15:13:26 -0400

    Dear Booksharian Friends

Evan and I have kept our promise to prepare 2 books from the wish list where
finishing The Hardy Boys Series was requested. The Giant Rat of Sumatra (Hardy
Boys Mystery Stories #143) by Franklin Dixon , and High Speed Showdown Hardy
Boys #137 are now in the collection.

I've found 2 more which I overlooked when giving some books away. We might do
those, too.

In a previous message I said I found over 200 Hardy Boys books in the
collection . I've searched for them again and really don't have a clue about
how many are there. I only know the books I unearthed, one in the 160s and the
other in the 170s, aren't there. I did use parentheses when checking for the
individual titles, and by author name and series name.

If a reader wanted to read the books in order and wanted #3, for example, I
think it would be quite a process to find it. I'd love to get a list of
Bookshare's Hardy Boys in order so I could tell quickly which numbers needed to
be filled in. Any ideas? There are multiple Hardy series so there are many with
the same number

Just wanted you to know we kept our word and our promise didn't get lost at the
bottom of the "to do" list.

A quick observation--The Hardy Boy clues and action come, bam, bam, bam,,
nonstop, though Joe's and Frank's characters are sketchy. If it isn't about the
mystery at hand, it's not there. I can see how these books would rivet young
mystery readers, especially boys with all the fights, explosions, crashes, and
daring do. These boys feel no pain and know no fear!

Always with love,

Lissi