[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wish List Request

Hi, Jim. I've used this book since it came out in the mid-eighties.
The system behind it can also be learned from a book called Feeling
Good, The New Mood Therapy, by the same author. It is available on
cassette from NLS. I'm mentioning that because I've scanned The
Feeling Good Handbook  book too, and my scan is  not fit for
uploading. My copy was from the library and is only 600 pages. The
book has wonderful content, but many pages are arranged in columns
that seem to merge together despite my best efforts. These pages are
sample exercises and worksheets. Because my daughter showed me how the
columns should be read, I can make sense of them when reading. Fixing
them up for Bookshare would take a very long time. Maybe it would work
best to send the print book to a sighted submitter who can use her
mouse to draw margins around each column so they scan in the correct
order. I know both Omnipage and FineReader can do that. Let's ask
Carrie if she might have time to process the scan and then let you
validate it. Would that work? I wish I could do something to help you
more directly.

--
Monica Willyard