[bksvol-discuss] Re: Willing to help

  • From: "Marissa Mika" <Marissa.M@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:13:43 -0800

Hi Shelley,

One of the big gaps we're trying to fill are the Caldecott award
winners. The list below is what we currently don't have on Bookshare, by
year. . .the most recent year first, followed by the books that we do
have on Bookshare. I'm going to send this list and a few others to Rui,
so he can post them on his site. As for the kiddie book list, I can
check, but it may well be buried in a land of paperwork far far away.

Best,
Marissa

Caldecott Book Award Winners that we don't have on Bookshare:

Kitten's First Full Moon        Kevin Henkes    2005
My Friend Rabbit        Eric Rohmann    2003
The Three Pigs  David Wiesner   2002
So you want to be President?    Judith St. George       2001
Joseph Had a little Overcoat    Simms Taback    2000
Rapunzel        Paul O. Zelinsky        1998
Golem   David Wisniewski        1997
Officer Buckle and Gloria       Peggy Rathmann  1996
Smoky Night     David Diaz      1995
Grandfather's Journey   Allen Say       1994
Mirette on the High Wire        Emily Arnold McCully    1993
Tuesday         David Wiesner   1992
Black and White David Macaulay  1991
Song and Dance Man      Stephen Gammell 1989
Owl Moon        John Schoenherr 1988
Hey, Al Richard Egielski        1987
Saint George and the Dragon     Trina Schart Hyman      1985
The Glorious Flight: Across the Channel with. . .       Alice and Martin
Provensen       1984
Shadow  Marcia Brown    1983
Jumanji Chris Van Allsburg      1982
Fables  Arnold Lobel    1981
Noah's Ark      Peter Spier     1978
Ashanti to Zulu: African Traditions     Margaret Musgrove       1977
Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears    Verna Aardema   1976
Arrow to the Sun        Gerald McDermott        1975
Duffy and the Devil     Margot Zemach   1974
The Funny Little Woman  Blair Lent      1973
One Fine Day    Nonny Hogrogian 1972
A Story A Story Gail E. Haley   1971
Sylvester and the Magic Pebble  William Steig   1970
Drummer Hoff    Ed Emberley     1968
Sam, Bangs & Moonshine  Evaline Ness    1967
Always Room for One More        Sorche Nic Leodhas      1966
May I Bring a Friend?   Beatrice Schenk de Regniers     1965
Once a Mouse    Marcia Brown    1962
Baboushka and the Three Kings   Nicolas Sidjakov        1961
Nine Days to Christmas  Marie Hall Ets, Aurora Labastida        1960
Canticleer and the Fox  Barbara Cooney  1959
Time of Wonder  Robert McCloskey        1958
A Tree is Nice  Janice Udry     1957
Frog Went a Courtin'    John Langstaff  1956
Cinderella, or the Little Glass Slipper Marcia Brown    1955
The Biggest Bear        Lynd Ward       1953
Finders Keepers Will                            1952
The Egg Tree    Katherine  Milhous      1951
Song of the Swallows    Leo Politi      1950
The Big Snow    Berta & Elmer Hader     1949
White Snow, Bright Snow Alvin Tresselt  1948
The Little Island       Golden MacDonald        1947
The Rooster Crows       Maude & Miska Petersham 1946
Prayer for a Child      Rachel Field    1945
Many Moons      James Thurber   1944
Make Way for Ducklings  Robert McCloskey        1942
They Were Strong and Good       Robert Lawson   1941
Abraham Lincoln Ingri & Edgar Parin d'Aulaire   1940
Mei Li  Thomas Handforth        1939
Animals of the Bible, A Picture Book    Helen Dean Fish 1938

Caldecott Award winners that we do have on Bookshare:

The Man Who Walked Between the Towers   Mordecai Gerstein       2004
Snowflake Bentley       Mary Azarian    1999    X
Lon Po Po: A Red-Riding Hood Story from China   Ed Young        1990
The Polar Express       Chris Van Allsburg      1986    X
Ox-Cart Man     Barbara Cooney  1980    X
The Girl Who Loved Wild Horses  Paul Goble      1979    X
The Fool of the World and the Flying Ship       Arthur Ransome  1969
Where the Wild Things Are       Maurice Sendak  1964    X
The Snowy Day   Ezra Jack Keats 1963    X
Madeline's Rescue       Ludwig Bemelmans        1954    X
The Little House        Virginia Lee Burton     1943    X