[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wild cards in search field

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 21:21:54 -0700

Great, now we don't have to guess which word in the title is most unique. We can put in a couple words with a * between them. Or put in author first*last name and not have to worry about whether there is an initial in the middle or not.

Carrie Karnos wrote:
Hi gang,

Engineering has put in a wild card feature into the search function. If you put an asterisk in a search field, it will match 0-N characters. I put in "*guin" into the search field, and all the books by Ursula Le Guin were displayed as well as all books that had "penguin" in their titles. Very cool!

This feature is not fully implemented yet, Engineering is still working on it, so the syntax may change in the future. They mentioned that they will need some beta testers of this feature in about 2 weeks time. If you're interested in helping out, please email me and I'll pass your name to the appropriate people.

Thanks! Carrie