Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 4:08 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Which way is best?

Hi everyone!

Although what I am going to ask about concerns a blank, it's not in a form,
but just a paragraph.

The submitter used this style:

Question: What to do? Answer: At the end of the conversation, say something
like, "It's really been great talking to you. Once again, my name is
------------------ ." Then give a somewhat expectant look without actually
asking their name again. Ninety percent of intelligent life on the planet
will take it as a cue to respond with their name.

Is Jamie's way better in this situation, too?  It is:

Question: What to do? Answer: At the end of the conversation, say something
like, "It's really been great talking to you. Once again, my name is [blank
line]." Then give a somewhat expectant look without actually asking their
name again. Ninety percent of intelligent life on the planet will take it
as a cue to respond with their name.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Debby

--
                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--

"Teach me, and I will hold my tongue
; Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.