[bksvol-discuss] Which Ivo Andrić books is BSO processing for the Nobel Prize Special Collection?

  • From: "Maria Kristic" <maria6289@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 01:19:08 -0400

Hi All,

I was looking through the Nobel Prize list, and I'm excited to see that Ivo
Andrić will be included-as he is the 1961 winner of the Lit. prize. I'm
originally from Bosnia (a Croat, hence my reference below to the language as
Croatian, BTW), and he's an author that my parents and some other people I
know have recommended I read. I was hoping that some of them might be
available through Web-Braille, but no go, so I'm excited that Bookshare will
be processing something by him (I'm not really interested in an audio
version, since I wouldn't care to hear someone possibly butchering the names
and places). That leads me to the question-for Bookshare staff, of course-of
which books Bookshare is processing by him for that collection? I think that
I could get three of them on interlibrary loan, so I just might scan them at
some point after I've submitted all the books I have yet to finish editing,
now that I've discovered that Croatian is one of the OCR languages available
to me (yay! I'm always so happy when a company considers my obscure little
native language worthy of inclusion in their products). If what Bookshare's
processing coincides at all with my library's bit of offering, I'd know not
to do duplicate work when I get around to it. Thanks!

Cheers,
Maria-reading a book while listening (coincidentally) to Croatian music at
quite a late hour here in New York
Maria Kristic
Skype: MariaKristic
AIM: MCKristic