[bksvol-discuss] Where is my copyright?

  • From: "Regina Alvarado" <regina.alvarado6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 22:36:43 -0400

Hello all:
Below my signature is the beginning of "Thanks to my Mother."  Can someone tell
me whether there is a true copyright and copyright holder, please? Think I know
which it is, but want someone with more experience with boo,ks that are
translated to give me opiniions.  Thanks in advance for the help.  As I said,
it is a beautiful scan, though the book is disturbing and oh so sad.  Thanks
again.

Computer indicated it may not be formatted correctly so it may not look quite
correct, but the book is fine.
Reggie

THANKS TO MY MOTHER

SCHOSCHANA RABINOVICI

TRANSLATED FROM THE GERMAN

BY JANES SKOFIELD

PUFFIN BOOKS

vi

PUFFIN BOOKS Published by the Penguin Group Penguin Putnam Books for Young
Readers, 345 Hudson Street, New York, New York 10014, U.S.A. Penguin Books Lid,
27 Wrights Lane, London W85TZ, England Penguin Books Australia Ltd, Ringwood,
Victoria, Australia Penguin Books Canada Ltd, 10 Alcorn Avenue, Toronto,
Ontario, Canada M4V 3B2 Penguin Books (N.Z.) Ltd, 182-190 Wairau Road. Auckland
10, New Zealand

Penguin Books Ltd, Registered Offices: Harmondsworth, Middlesex, England

First published in the United States of America by Dial Books, a member of
Penguin Putnam Inc., 1998 Published by Puffin Books, a member of Penguin Putnam
Books for Young Readers, 2000

3579 10 8642

English translation copyright © Dial Books, a member of Penguin Putnam Inc.,
1998 Copyright © Schoschana Rabinovici, Tel Aviv and Vienna, 1991 This edition
translated by James Skofield from the German version, Dank meiner Mutter, by
Schoschana Rabinovici, translated from Hebrew to German by Mirjam Pressler,
copyright © Alibaba Verfag Gmbh, 1994

All rights reserved

THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS HAS CATALOGED THE DIAL EDITION AS FOLLOWS:

Rabinovici, Schoschana, date [Dank meiner Mutter. English] Thanks to my
mother/by Schoschana Rabinovici. [translated from Hebrew to German by Mirjam
Pressler]: translated from the German by James Skofield. p. cm.

girl and her mother endure much suffering in Kaiserwald, Stutthof, and
Tauentzien concentration camps and on an eleven-day death march before being
liberated by the Russian army. ISBN 0-8037-2235-4 (trade) 1. Rabinovici,
Schoschana, date - Juvenile literature. 2. Jews- Persecutions- Lithuania-
Vilnius- Juvenile literature. 3. Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)- Lithuania-
Vilnius- Personal narratives- Juvenile literature. 4. Vilnius (Lithuania)-
Ethnic relations- Juvenile literature. [1. Rabinovici, Schoschana, date. 2.
Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) 3. Jews- Lithuania- Vilnius. 4. Lithuania-
History- German occupation, 1941-1944.) I. Pressler, Mirjam. II. Skofield,
James. III. Title. DSI35.L53R34713  1998 940.53'I8'092 [B]- DC21 97-14407 CIP AC

Puffin Books ISBN 0-14-130596-7

Printed in the United States of America

Except in the United States of America, this book is sold subject to the
condition that it shall not, by way of trade or otherwise, be lent, re-sold,
hired out, or otherwise circulated without the publisher's prior consent in any
form of binding or cover other than that in which it is published and without a
similar condition including this condition being imposed on the subsequent
purchaser.