[bksvol-discuss] Re: Where are those contrarians?

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 07:40:21 -0400 (EDT)

Elizabeth

There has been something playing in the back of my mind since last
evening.
I suspect that most of us on this list read BookShare books not using the
available downloading Daisy program.
I am wondering if the stripper somehow and in some way prepares the books
for use with that downloadable player.
If it does, and if the stripper were summarily danned and not available as
an option to readers, that could be a major headache for BookShare and
Benetech.
Folks, before jumping on me, keep in mind I am brainstorming and asking a
question and not offering an opinion.
Personally, I have no use for the stripper; but there has to be a
reason(s) that Benetech feels compelled to defend and hold on to it.
And if we knew the reasoning, that would give everyone a starting point.