[bksvol-discuss] Re: What's the Deal with Text Files

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 13:00:48 -0700

Well, good, then.

Thanks much.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jake Brownell
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 12:00 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: What's the Deal with Text Files

  Hi Evan,
      TXT files can contain page breaks. However the difficulty with this
format is that many popular editors do not handle page breaks in TXT files.
Notepad for example and Microsoft Word for another. These editors simply won't
include them. TXT files created by Kurzweil though, do retain proper page
breaks.
      A TXT file with page breaks can be opened in Word and then immediately
saved in RTF, and the page breaks will remain. The BookShare system will accept
a txt validation back in RTF.

  Jake