[bksvol-discuss] Re: What do you do when the ISBN yields the wrong book

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 23:48:50 EDT

I just went through the motions of submitting the book to Bookshare up to
the point of entering the ISBN and seeing what came up before canceling it. I
got the same thing and the synopsis did indicate that it was about criminal
justice. Then I entered the same ISBN in the search field at
PaperbackSwap.com and the same title came up with no synopsis, but it was
categorized
under children's books, fiction and literature and poetry.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in
various ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: What do you do when the ISBN yields the wrong book
Date:
5/10/2009 10:59:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
popularplace@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

This is more  info than you want, probably, but yourISBN number is o.k.

Also, when Icopied the number and pasted i nto Google I got to the book at
abebook with a longer number: 9780877546917: Gerard Manley Hopkins:
abebooks.co.uk
Gerard Manley Hopkins (ISBN: 0877546916 / 0-87754-691-6). ISBN 10:
0877546916 ISBN 13: 9780877546917. Bookseller: Revaluation Books ...
Cindy

Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and
books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: