[bksvol-discuss] We Borrow the Earth

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:24:51 -0700 (PDT)

I haven't seen that book, but I have seen some other
books where the scan had lots of errors. Often the
problem is the difference in contrast between the
typeface and the paper, and/or the size and kind of
font. Cass Timberlane, for example, uses a very small
font and because the book is old--1945--and a wartime
book, there are a lot of words on a page, the contrast
isn't that great. Shelley says the paper of the books
she's sending me is somewhat yellowed, and I suspect
that's the cause of scannos.  For some reason, though,
that I don't understand,  people have noticed a lot of
errors in LP books, especially with fractured lines,
parts of which show up further down the page or
sometimes on the next page.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com