[bksvol-discuss] Voodoo books and Marie Laveau

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:55:19 -0800 (PST)

And Amazon has the following:
Voodoo Queen: The Spirited Lives of Mary Leveau by
Martha Ward (Hardcover - Mar 2004;

Mysterious Marie Laveau Voodoo Queen and Folk Tales
Along the Mississippi by Raymond Martinez (Paperback -
Jun 1983)

Voodoo and Hoodoo: The Craft as Revealed by
Traditional Practioners (Paperback)
by Jim Haskins (Author)

Secrets of Voodoo by Milo Rigaud (Paperback - Jun
1985)

Voodoo in Haiti by Alfred Metraux (Paperback - April
29, 1989)

The Complete Idiot's Guide(R) to Voodoo by Shannon R
Turlington and Shannon R. Turlington (Paperback - Nov
14, 2001)

Urban Voodoo: A Beginners Guide to Afro-Caribbean
Magic by S. Jason Black and Christopher S. Hyatt
(Paperback - Dec 1, 1993)

G.Cindy

--- maithe007 <maithe007@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jamie,
>
> Your friend can go on barnesandnoble.com and find
> the books.  A quick look found this:
>
> Voodoo Dreams : A Novel of Marie Laveau
> by
> Jewell Parker Rhodes Voodoo Queen: The Spirited
Lives of Mary Leveau

Voodoo Queen: The Spirited Lives of Mary Leveau by
Martha Ward Voodoo Queen: The Spirited Lives of Mary
Leveau

Voodoo Queen: The Spirited Lives of Mary Leveau by
Martha Ward

> They had over 300 books and I am sure that at least
> 10 of them referred to either voodoo, Marie Leveaux
> or both.
>
> HTH
>
> Maithe

at