To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 5:29 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Volunteers as Recruiters for New Bookshare Members?

Hi Everyone,

I just met with Bookshare's Marketing Department. They would like your advice and your help.

Marketers are always watching trends and asking questions about ow to change them. They have noticed several positive trends:

 Your levels of engagement
  The fact we have about 100,000 books and 100,000 members
 The increase in numbers of new adult members

They are wondering:

What do you say to your friend, or anyone else who you think would benefit from Bookshare, when you recommend that they join? Would you be willing to reach out to a handful of people you know to encourage people to join Bookshare? Would it help if you could offer them a free trial month as a "holiday gift" from you?

Let me know here on list and I will communicate your responses to them.

Thanks!

Scott Rains
Benetech Fellow, Bookshare Volunteer Department