[bksvol-discuss] Re: Volunteer Poll: Cookbooks

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 21:34:40 -0400

Hello Scott,

As a person who is right now holding on to three cook books, I know for me I would like to do them. But as a blind person I can't see the fractions and I don't have an opticon to "see" them either. For me I would have to have sighted assistance and that is why they continue to sit here on the bookshelf. Smile.

They are

30 Day Gourmet Freezing Cooking made Easy
30 day Gourmets Big Book of Freezer Cooking

And The Oregon Cook Book by Guide Dogs for the Blind.

I also love doing craft books and these also require special attention because of instructions, and recipes.

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

The artist brings something into the world that didn't exist before, and he does it without destroying something else. -John Updike, writer (1932-2009)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Rains" <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>