[bksvol-discuss] Re: Verifying a copyright

  • From: "Lisa Belville" <lisab12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:48:15 -0600

Hi, Gerald.

Thanks for the advice.  The data on the download page for the book shows
that the submitter and , I guess the other three validators, have used the
original 2001 for the copyright date.  I don't think anything has been
added, this is just a large print edition.  I always thought we were
supposed to use the latest date, no matter what.

It would be nice if the system would allow for more complete comments
instead of the cryptic ones we have now, not that I'm complaining.  <smiles>

Here is what the copyright page looks like in the edition I have:

Copyright C 2001 by Barbara Bretton.

All rights reserved.

This is a work of fiction.  Names, characters, places, and incidents

either are the product of the author's imagination or are used

fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead,

business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

Published in 2004 by arrangement with The Berkley Publishing

Group, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.

Wheeler Large Print Softcover.

The text of this Large Print edition is unabridged.

Other aspects of the book may vary from the original edition.

Set in 16 pt.  Plantin by Carleen Stearns.

Printed in the United States on permanent paper.

This is followed by the Library of Congress cataloging Data.

Lisa

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>