[bksvol-discuss] Vanishing books

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 07:31:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi Evan,

I too have noticed that some books have vanished. Luckily they are still in the
system, they just don't appear when you search for their titles or authors. I
put in 11 books in the Rotten School series by R. L. Stine, which all vanished.
When I put them in, I used the workaround of smushing the R.L. together since I
got an error using the normal R-space-L author name. It looks like all of the
books with that workaround are gone. I managed to restore the 11 Rotten Schools
books, and books by C. T. Adams, M. C. Beaton, and J. R. Ward. I'll ask
Engineering to restore the rest. If anyone knows the title and author of any
books that vanished yesterday, please email the info to me and I'll pass it on
to Engineering.

Also, Ann P. was correct about using quotes around search terms to limit them
to exact matches. I've filed a ticket to put a marker between books that have
exact matches and books that sound like the search terms. This may or may not
be done in the future...

Carrie