[bksvol-discuss] Validation

  • From: "mickey" <micka@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 18:52:08 -0500

Hi, List.

I don't think any of us validate just for the credit. Sometimes, it can be a weeks-long commitment.

I'm validating ON THE AIR: THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF OLD-TIME RADIO, by John Dunning. It helps greatly that I'm "of a certain age" that I can remember much of what I'm reading, to check spellings. Also, no scanner will scan dates properly, which really means reading the whole book. Maybe it isn't required, but it is sort of necessary.

I've been doing this 861-page reference work for more than three weeks, sometimes working 10-hour days. I'd suggest that the scanning and validating of books is an act of love, but the credit's very nice, too.

Mickey