[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating large numbers of books

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:51:44 -0600

Hi Mike,
I believe there are privacy concerns with your proposal that emails be
generated letting submitters and validators know info re the other. While it is
obviously easier for a validator if they know the contact info for the
submitter of a book they're trying to validate, if that submitter has elected
not to put such info up for public view, over-riding that with an email to the
submitter would be a serious violation of the submitter's privacy. I
agree that it would be nice to know where one's submissions are, whether still
out for validation or whether they've reached the admin pool awaiting final
approval. And where validators and submitters don't have a
problem with their contact info being seen, then that too is good info to have.
But I'd have a real problem if email addresses were given out without express
permission of the addressee.
Mary