[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating large numbers of books

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:59:03 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Jana and Mike.

Mike, I agree with you about the fact that it would be
desirable to know who is validating a book that one
has submitted.  One can tell where the book he/she
submitted is by checking the download list and seeing
if it's still there or checking Marissa's list and
seeing if it's there, but who actually has it isn't
available. Of course, some people are just bookshare
volunteer, but others do give their names and that
would be helpful for the submitter to know, I think.

After I released the book,s I went back to check when
they were submitted and how many times they'd been
released. A few were submitted in Nov. and two in
December, but most had been submitted in May, August
and September. Some had been released several times
before I took them and some had never been downloaded.
My concern was that, even though from the posts I know
many people enjoy reading these romances, others don't
care about them and in an effort to make the download
list shorter, and because these books need work, they
might be rejected, and I seriously doubt that anyone
would re-scan them.

In some cases I did suggest to the submitter whose
name was listed that she scan the books herself (these
are books rated Good), but she asked me to validate
them as she's read them and doesn't want to read them
again.

I thank you and Jana and others for your
encouragement.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com