[bksvol-discuss] Validating and Daisy Navigation Question

  • From: "groups Warford" <groups_warford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare Volunteer List" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 17:15:21 -0500

Hi All,
I just recently validated a book of short stories.  I thought it would be
great to mark each story as a Daisy navigation point.  So, within Word, I
selected the title of each story and marked it as a header 1.  Once
Bookshare posted the book I pulled a copy to test the navigation.  It only
had phrase and page.  I was warned by someone that the marking would be
ignored, but I thought I would try anyway.  I've used other tools to create
Daisy books with success.  So, my question?

How do I as a validator add Daisy navigation markup to a book and have the
final Bookshare Daisy file retain the navigation levels?  I think this will
be extremely helpful with text books.

A general disclaimer: I have read the manual and don't remember seeing
anything around this topic.

Thank you in advance for any information pertaining to this issue.

Happy Holidays,
Cindy 4

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will
leave footprints in your heart.
-- Author Unknown