[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating Rose:)

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:57:05 -0700

Well, it has been sitting there on the page now with no ability to do
anything but read the title bar for the last 45 minutes.  I did zip the
file.  If it is so hard to upload books, and things keep getting bounced
back, I can understand why people don't like to validate books.  Not
only do you have the time it takes to try to make the book readable but
you have to try multiple times to upload it, sit and wait unreasonable
amounts of time to discover that it went no where, and next time you try
it tells you aren't logged in which you are and so forth.

I don't know if I have the time for this type of nonsense, editing the
file is time-consuming enough, but waiting over an hour to discover that
nothing is happening to that file, even when it is zipped is really not
my way of spending a Sunday morning.

I don't know if I will attempt another validation or not under these
circumstances.  This makes me feel like the week I spent just working on
the spell-check and hyphenation of this file was a total waste, and it
is tempting if I can not upload this file soon to just release it and
let those with time and patients do the validations.

I have a full-time job, spent evenings and two weekends on this project
and it looks to me like it is not going to upload, and it isn't that I
have a slow connection, because I have DSL that is about three times
faster than the traditional 256 most people get.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx