[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating Books

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 19:52:23 -0500

Reggie,

Did Word say that the file contains features that are not compatible with
Text Only format?  If so, then you need to save it as an RTF file in order
to preserve the changes you made.

It also could have been the page breaks in the file.  I think several
volunteers have mentioned that they are able to save documents as TXT files
without losing page breaks because of the word processor they are using.
Word doesn't preserve page breaks, though, when saving as a TXT file.

Change the format to RTF with the Save As choice in the File menu, and you
should be OK.  If that doesn't work, then let the list know, and we'll see
if we can come up with another idea or two to help.

Gerald