[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating Books

  • From: The Pardees <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 10:53:03 -0400

If you have Kurzweil, run apply corrections alt o and it will remove the hyphens at the end of lines.
Jim

At 12:56 AM 7/3/05, you wrote:

If the hyphens are at the end of the line and the word
shold not be hyphentaed,  you should remove the hyphen
and close up the word. Otherwise, you should leave
them in. I think I read here that people who listen
can turn off punctuation, though I don't know if that
includes hyphens.

The book I'm validating now and am almost finished
with is originally written in 1920, though this is a
newer edition. However, the published changed nothing.
Therefore, a lot of words that we don't hyphenate any
more, like tonight and upstairs, are hyphenated --
to-night, up-stairs. I have left them that way and
will put a note about it in the long synopsis so
readers can maybe remove them if they want for their
reading pleasure.

If I'm wrong to leave them and should eliminate them,
Gustavo or Peter, please let me know.

Cindy

__________________________________ Yahoo! Mail Mobile Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone. http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail