[bksvol-discuss] Re: Using Our Validation Resources Wisely

I just rejected a history book submitted in kes. The submitter did not old down the spine of the book resulting in sentences with chopped off words. When I brought it up in kurzweil it said it had a rank spelling rating of 96%. I knew that included a lot of capitalized names. I soon found the rating also included a lot of the word fragments resulting from the binding not being held down enough.

Perhaps the software can evaluate a book when it is updated. If the book's rating falls below some level of accuracy the book can be prevented from entering step 1 and be hand evaluated as I suggested in another message. Folks whose books repeatedly need such treatment and who refuse to take input from others to improve ought to be asked to learn how to create better scans before submitting more.

E.

At 06:24 AM 11/24/2007, you wrote:
Hi Carrie,

The computer rates the books when the validator accepts them. When the submitter submits a book, he/she chooses the rating for the book, arbitrarily. I'd be thrilled if, when submitting a book, the computer would rate it, and in the case of crummy scans, just reject them before they ever get submitted.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 09:56 PM 11/23/2007, you wrote:
I thought that the computer rates it, and then the uploader can change it if he/she wants to. Isn't that right?

----- Original Message ----
From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 6:44:02 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Using Our Validation Resources Wisely

Mike,

I don't think the cornputer (deliberate--I'm feeling
silly--I wonder what was in the stuffing; or I could
say my em key disappeared )rates the book when it's
uploaded after validation. Either the submitter's
rating stays because the validator doesn't bother to
change it when uploading, which happens, or the
validator him/herself rates it.

Carrie or someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

G.Cindy

--- Mike and Lori Castner <<mailto:mandlcastner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>mandlcastner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Yahoo Mobile. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51731/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/sports;_ylt=At9_qDKvtAbMuh1G1SQtBI7ntAcJ>Try it now.

http://www.eset.com