[bksvol-discuss] Re: Using Our Validation Resources Wisely

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 21:02:47 -0500

Susan and Sharon, I'm glad you brought this up. When I'm validating, I don't see headers as a big deal since removing them doesn't take that long. I know we're all busy, and I don't expect anyone to be perfect. I don't think people who scan books but leave headers intact are a problem at all. The books I'm referring to have multiple pages of random characters in them. Even a very basic run through something like a spellchecker or a tool like rank spelling would show that there are major problems. That's how I know that these people make no effort at all to either read or check out the quality of their scan. If they actually started reading them, they wouldn't be able to follow the plot any better than I could. One book I have now has several pages of lines that look like this.

I olvd7 the aivterb anc ^^elne 6pvbrl?\

Anyone have a clue what that sentence means? This random garbage goes on for six pages before I see another recognizable English phrase. So a book with headers would seem pleasantly neat at the moment. (grin)

Monica Willyard

Susan Lumpkin wrote:
If yur time is limited, Sharon, leave the headers there.

Susan