[bksvol-discuss] Re: User cannot download NIMAC sourced books

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <darrell.shandrow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:25:00 -0700

Hi Jake,

Will Benetech be attempting to work with publishers, advocating that they grant
permission for those materials to go into the general collection anyhow, given
that we've already had to certify our disabilities in order to be granted
access in the first place?

You see, I'm aware of one dirty little secret about all this legislation.
While it is good that blind K-12 students now have more access, nothing has yet
been done for blind parents of sighted children.  :(