[bksvol-discuss] Re: User cannot download NIMAC sourced books

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 07:18:46 -0500

Hi,
Users who can't use them shouldn't see anything even related to the fact
that they can't use them.

Jim

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"it is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis." --
Margaret Bonnano

             "Jake Brownell"
             <jabrown@xxxxxxxx
             u>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             bksvol-discuss-bo                                          cc
             unce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             g                                                     Subject
                                       [bksvol-discuss] Re: User cannot
                                       download NIMAC sourced books
             02/14/2008 06:03
             PM

             Please respond to
             bksvol-discuss@fr
                eelists.org

Hi Cheryl,

Shelley did a nice job explaining what NIMAC titles are. I'll just add that
these are titles that we can only make available to users who fall under
the provisions of the applicable legislation. As such, we can't add them
into the general collection. The NIMAC flag will be set for qualified users
and then they will be able to access NIMAC sourced titles like regular
Bookshare books.

I don't know how many NIMAC sourced titles we'll have, but they won't be a
huge part of the collection right now. As Cindy pointed out, we haven't
added any to the collection yet, but the infrastructure has been built into
the website, so that it is there when we're ready to add them.

Jake