[bksvol-discuss] Uploaded Mao's Last Dancer

I've just uploaded Mao's Last Dancer. To validate, I
read the book for a second time, and enjoyed it as
much as when I read it the first time. It's the
autobiography of Li Cunxin, a boy born to a poor
peasant family in 1965 in Communist China who was
chosen to attend Madame Mao's Beijing Dance Academy,
became an excellent dancer, defected to the United
States when he had the opportunity, and became a
principal danseur in the Houston Ballet. What I
particularly liked about the book is the insight it
gave me into the life of poor peasants in Mao's China;
the structured regimen of ballet training; the
inculcation of Communist ideals; Li's culture shock
when he came to America and saw how different it was
from what he'd been taught America was. I highly
recommend this readable book.