[bksvol-discuss] Uploaded

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 00:40:54 -0700

Hi all.  I have just uploaded the following, with one more on the way shortly.

Agatha Christie: An Autobiography

This is a fascinating, but rather long book. If you're interested in her detective stories, you should read this. Even if you aren't, it is interesting and includes lots of details about travelling around the world, archaeology, etc. She spends lots of time talking about the middle east, including Iraq and other places. It also includes an extensive index, but I don't know how useful it will be. Gustavo has already approved this, so you can get it from the new books page.

I will shortly be uploading:

Passenger to Frankfurt by Agatha Christie. This is primarily a mystery, but not really. Things aren't really cleared up well at the end. It has a slight element of science fiction, but only just at the very end. It's not a bad read but I don't recommend it. The delay in getting it done is the more than usual scanning errors which need to be fixed.

I will also, over the coming weeks, be uploading many more mysteries by both Ngaio Marsh and Agatha Christie. I will try to announce them as I finish them but no guarantees on that. Note that I did not submit any of these (thanks, Carrie!). I am only validating them and fixing scanning errors as I can.
Tony Baechler
Maintainer, goldenaudio.net (TM) online archives
http://goldenaudio.net/