[bksvol-discuss] Re: Updated Wishlist?

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:46:07 -0700 (PDT)

Here's a suggestion -- for people who like detective
stories. I was recommended a series of books by a
Swedish author, translated in English. I'm on my
second, actually the first in the series. The person
who recomended them said I should read them in order
because there are characters as well as personality
traits and personal incidents of the main character,
that carry through, but it isn't really necessry.

The author is Henning Mankell.His protagonist is
Swedish homicide detective Kurt Wallander.   The first
book, and the one I'm reading now, is entitle Faceless
Killers. The one I read before, which I think is the
fourth, is entitle Sidetracked. I don't know the other
titles because this, being the first translated into
English, doesn't list other books.

They're relatively short and not scary, and told from
the detective's point of view. I thought I'd read
Sidetracked for bookshare,i.e., validated it  or
provided missing pages and then read it for myself,
but I don't see it in the collection, on he download
list, or on Marissa's list.

Also, and I haven't checkedthe bookshare for this,
Caleb carr has a new mystery out using Sherlock
Holmes. He has permission from the Sherlock Holmes
estate. The title is The Italian Secretary.  It may be
hard to obtain. I'm on the waiting list.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com