[bksvol-discuss] Re: UNSCRIBE

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tanderson3@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 20:45:14 -0500

Hi all,

I think I have a wonderful cartoon that should be submitted as part of perils on The Internet. There's a distinguished professor with white hair and glasses sitting at a desk writing a handwritten letter with a fountain pen. At the opposite side of the office is a young clerk dressed in jeans and a t-shirt who is sitting at a computer and he is attempting to sign off an email list. The young clerk types, "unscribe".

The camera shifts to the desk where the distinguished professor is attempting to finish his handwritten letter, but he is unable to do so. His fountain pen has a life of its own! It is hurriedly retracing its way from right to left going up the page and the ink is reentering the pen as it goes. All the professor's carefully written copper plate is vanishing as he watches and remonstrates, "Look here, you can't do that, you just can't do that! Stop! Stop! my letter! My lovely letter!"

Terry, try looking at the bottom of this message to see the address where you need to send the command to "unsubscribe".

Yes, I know I'm whacky, don't tell me! It's incipient age creeping upon me, I have till midnight to try to stop the clock! Tomorrow, I must turn over a new leaf and be 39 and counting, counting, counting...

Ann P.