[bksvol-discuss] Re: Two joys this new Year

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 00:08:06 -0500

Congrats, Shelly!
Christina

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 10:34 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Two joys this new Year

Well, I have two joys to share this New Year's Day.

I made my goal of 1000 books, with all your's help, a little earlier than expected and have currently 1004 in the collection.

I also, met with my supervisor on Monday and am officially a completely full fledged Civil Servant, no longer on probation! Which is a huge thing in our office. As now I can just do my own paperwork rather than having my supervisor approve it all. it is a good feeling, smile.

But it has been a good New years for me.

And I am hoping for some many other spectacular things in 2009.

Now, can I remember not to write 2008 on the checks.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

The people who burned witches at the stake never for one moment thought of their act as violence;
rather they thought of it as an act of divinely mandated righteousness.
The same can be said of most of the violence we humans have ever committed. -Gil Bailie, author and lecturer (b. 1944)