[bksvol-discuss] Re: Two books submitted

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:39:49 -0500

Thanks, will truly celebrate when the milestone is reached.

It is 1000 books since I started working for Bookshare with a HP Scanjet P1, and now an Epson 1660. Smile. Have been volunteering for Bookshare almost seven years, and in that time I also got a bachelor's degree, teaching license, masters degree, two jobs and trained with two guide dogs, moved from Pennsylvania to Michigan, Ohio, and Massachusetts and back to Pennsylvania, have one braillenote without a working display after seven years, and am using my second one every day, smile.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

Though force can protect in emergency, only justice, fairness, consideration and cooperation can finally lead men to the dawn of eternal peace. -Dwight D. Eisenhower, U.S. general and 34th president (1890-1969)

----- Original Message ----- From: "My Nickels Worth" <lavendar@xxxxxxxxx>