[bksvol-discuss] Tough Call

  • From: Monica <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 15:06:30 -0400

Hi everybody. I'm feeling a little sad because I just did my first book rejection. I believe that it was the right decision, and yet I feel like apologizing to whoever submitted the book. I rejected "Developing Connections" by "Judith A. Stanford". Whoever scanned the book had put it into several rtf files with no apparent pattern for reconstructing the book. In fact, file number 1 started at page 300 and contains 20 pages. Meanwhile file number 2 jumped 200 pages ahead. If the files went through the Bookshare automated processer, it might have assigned numbers to each of the rtf files inside the zip I got from Bookshare. Either way, the multiple files with segments of the book wouldn't flow together. I tried for 2 weeks now to find a way to paste everything together, but it's too muddled for that. :(

If you are the submitter of the book and have your original files, maybe you can paste them into one document in the order they should go. It's a good book, and the scanning is clear. I would be delighted to validate it if we can get a complete book. (smile)