[bksvol-discuss] Re: To submit or not to submit a matter of quality

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 18:25:39 -0500

Shelley, I think books like this are why Bookshare allows books to be rated as good. Until OCR improves, we aren't going to get flawless scans each time. I would say that submitting it gives people a choice of whether they want to read it or not. There are some here who won't touch a book if it isn't excellent, and that's ok. There are also some who don't mind flaws and would rather have the chance to read the book and make the choice about how to handle it. I fall into this group and see myself, with books and scanning, as a prochoice advocate. (smile)

Monica Willyard

On Friday 11/3/2006, you wrote:
hi you all, got a dilemnia,

I am reading

"Hot dog" by laurien Berenson, is a pretty good mystery about dogs, show
poodles  in fact, and about a mystery of a stolen dachshund, or so the story
has gone so far.