[bksvol-discuss] Re: Title Versus Filename

Right, I should have said "punctuation", not just apostrophes.

Evan

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Evan Reese
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 1:27 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Title Versus Filename

  Bud, the name of the file and the title of the book do not necessarily
have to be the same.  For example, when I submitted a BSO copy of The Book
of Lost Tales Part One: (The History of Middle-earth Volume One), I put that
into the title field.  But the actual file name of the file I submitted on
my hard drive was bolt1.rtf.  (I do use long file names, but I started using
computers back in the DOS days and still revert to short ones without
thinking sometimes.)  It really doesn't matter what the file name is, so
long as it doesn't have apostrophes, and there isn't already one with the
same name on Bookshare.  The title of the book is supposed to go in the
title field just as it is written.  Besides, Bookshare will give the book a
file name more similar to the title when it gets into the collection.  When
I download the Braille copy of the book I submitted, it has a file name of
THE_BOOK_OF_LOST_TALES_.brf.

  Evan