[bksvol-discuss] Thorn? What on earth is that?

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:43:17 -0500

I am reading a book from the collection called Midwives, and anywhere
where there should be a long dash, Reed identifies it as "thorn". I
have never seen this before. I thought I'd do a search and replace to
get rid of the thorns, only to find that in doing so it often, not
every time but often enough, got rid of the t's. So apparently this
"thorn" is sometimes meant to be a long dash and sometimes a T. No way
to get rid of them in that case unless someone else has encountered
this and knows of a way.

Pam